ACHIEVING MIND AND BODY HARMONY THROUGH YOGA AND SLEEP
DUE TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC, THIS WORKSHOP HAS BEEN POSTPONED
Follow Goulburn Yoga on Facebook and Instagram, or check this website for free access to short practice sessions and for registration for term online & livestreamed classes.
9:30am-4:30pm Saturday, 8 August & Sunday, 9 August 2020
Mackillop House & Conference Centre, 50 Archibald Street, Lyneham ACT 2602
Discover how to get the most out of your waking and sleeping hours to find the real, energised and excited you!
IYTA Member EARLY BIRD: $260 – available until 08-Jun-2020
IYTA Member Price: $295 / Non-member: $320
To register & to find out more about the workshop sessions, CLICK HERE
In this 2-day non-residential workshop you will be guided in yoga practices to improve sleep. You will investigate your sleep quality and habits and learn how to improve them.
Taking you on this journey of mind & body harmony will be:
- Dr Carmel Harrington, a leading international sleep scientist and therapist, author and regular media commentator on sleep
- Jennie Blevins, Director of Goulburn Yoga, yoga teacher and mentor with over 30 years’ experience, who will conduct the yoga sessions including restorative yoga, breathing for sleep and a delicious yoga nidra each day.
The workshop sleep sessions will cover
- Sleep basics – what is sleep? How much do I need?
- The impact of poor sleep on our health and performance
- Understanding insomnia
- Practical, personal science-based resources for analysing & improving your sleep
The yoga sessions will include
- Specific yoga asanas & pranayama for PNS-activation to reduce anxiety
- Yoga to support the sleep/wake cycle – when and how to use both energising and calming practices
- Breathing techniques to prepare for sleep
- Yoga psychology & meditation to address anxiety about sleep
- A delicious Yoga Nidra each day
Please bring a yoga mat, eye pillow, blanket, block and bolster.
Contact Jennie if you do not have any of these props so that they can be provided for you.
To register, go to IYTA Happenings 2020
MORE ABOUT OUR SPECIAL FACILITATOR:
Dr Carmel Harrington (BSc, PhD, LLB, DipEd)
Carmel is an Australian sleep scientist and therapist. She is the founder of Sleep for Health, a Research Fellow at The Children’s Hospital Westmead, Sydney and a founding member of the Australian Sleep Foundation.
An internationally renowned sleep expert, Carmel believes that over the last 20 years we have lost our way when it comes to sleep and there are serious but, as yet, largely unrecognised, consequences. She is keen to raise the awareness of the essential role sleep plays in our physical and mental health and to help people achieve good refreshing sleep on a regular basis. She believes it is essential that we all understand that when it comes to optimal performance, both physically and mentally, it is the most basic of requirements.
Carmel has authored two best-selling sleep books, “The Sleep Diet” and “The Complete Guide to a Good Night’s Sleep” and is a regular media commentator on all matters sleep.
For more information about Carmel, her work & various sleep topics please visit www.sleepforhealth.com.au